What you resist, persists
I’d like to continue on the topic law of attraction because this is one of the major truths and causes of our reality. Of our world today. There is so much into this, we can’t even begin to imagine.
Have you ever thought about why it is that when you try to go on a diet, you find yourself munching down a whole pack of cookies?
Or when you have decided not to call a certain person again, that person is all you can think about?
What you resist, persists
That is, what you pay attention to is what exists in your life as you experience it. Nothing exists in your reality before you verify it with your thoughts. Your endorsement. Some things you simply take for granted and don’t pay much attention to at all. Some things you feel as if you have discovered, although, it has obviously been there all along. Your thoughts were just elsewhere. The greater thought you put into something, the more attention, the more the object or issue exists.
When you try to resist temptation, you create the temptation.
Our objects of desire may vary, but they all derive from the same state. A state of lack. Your whole mind is screaming that you do not have this certain object. Which automatically creates a reaction of wanting. It becomes your desire and you are wondering what it would be like to have it. Suddenly a lot of attention has gone into this matter. If it is something you want really bad you might even pray for it. Now I don’t know what your personal beliefs are, but a fact is that praying is just assembled energy focused on a certain matter. The truth is, you will not have that for which you ask, because your very request is a statement of lack.
By saying that you want something, you will produce that precise experience – wanting – in your reality.
Are you following me? You are saying to yourself that you do not have a certain thing. So you don’t.
Back to temptation and the cookies. Try this next time:
- Look at the cookie. Really, look at it. Accept it. It is a cookie.
- Allow your thoughts of cookies to run through you but keep objective. Observe your thoughts and see how their functions are starting to manifest into feelings…desire, taste…
- Understand that you can choose to resist the cookie…and thereby want it more (where attention goes, energy flows!)
- Or you can detach from your thoughts. See the cookie on one side, your thoughts of it on the other and your choice in between.
- The temptation is in your head! It is the link.
- Now. Detach from you thoughts. Put everything aside. It is JUST a cookie. An object.
- You can choose to have it. Or can choose to let it be.
Be satisfied knowing the choice is yours.